Contact North | Contact Nord’s Hearst Online Learning Centre Has Reopened
for On-Site Student Support Services
(HEARST, ON) – Contact North I Contact Nord’s Hearst online learning centre reopened on
Thursday, September 17, 2020 and staff are looking forward to providing on-site student
support services, including:
- Information about available online programs and courses
- Assistance with registration for your online program or course of choice and information on financial help
- Free use of computer workstations and high-speed Internet access to complete your online courses
- Free use of web conferencing and videoconferencing distance learning platforms
- to connect to and participate in your online programs and courses
- Supervision of written and online exams and tests
« Contact North | Contact Nord’s top priority is the health and safety of students and staff
using the Hearst online learning centre” stated Myriam Gaudreau, Online Learning
Recruitment Officer. “All necessary precautions were taken, including a deep cleaning of
the location, availability of hand sanitizer for students, and re-organization of the space to
provide for physical distancing. Key touch points in the location will be sanitized 4 times
daily to provide a safe and healthy environment for staff and students. »
As per the Hearst branch of the Porcupine Health Unit guidelines, masks must be worn
while on-site at the online learning centre.
Contact North | Contact Nord staff continue to be available to support students virtually if
they do not wish to visit the online learning centre in-person, and can provide online study
options, information about available financial aid options and assistance with registration
via phone, e-mail, Zoom and Facebook Messenger.
The Hearst online learning centre is one of 116 Contact North | Contact Nord locations
across Ontario that are gradually reopening to provide on-site services to students.
The Hearst online learning centre is located at 27 10th Street (located within Clayton Brown
Public School; use door on Alexandra Street)
For further information about the on-site services available, contact Myriam Gaudreau by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 1-855-856-1717.