Contact North | Contact Nord’s South Porcupine Online Learning Centre
Reopened on September 8, 2020 for On-Site Student Support Services
(SOUTH PORCUPINE, ON) – Contact North I Contact Nord’s South Porcupine online learning centre
reopened on Tuesday, September 8, 2020 and staff are looking forward to providing on-site student
support services, including:
- Information about available online programs and courses
- Assistance with registration for your online program or course of choice and information on financial help
- Free use of computer workstations and high-speed Internet access to complete your online courses
- Free use of web conferencing and videoconferencing distance learning platforms to connect to and participate in your online programs and courses
- Supervision of written and online exams and tests
« Contact North | Contact Nord’s top priority is the health and safety of students and staff using the
South Porcupine online learning centre” stated Ashlee Lessard, Online Learning Recruitment Officer
for the Timmins territory. “All necessary precautions were taken, including a deep cleaning of the
location, availability of hand sanitizer for students, and re-organization of the space to provide for
physical distancing. Key touch points in the location will be sanitized 4 times daily to provide a safe
and healthy environment for staff and students. »
As per the Porcupine Health Unit guidelines, masks must be worn while on-site at the online
Contact North | Contact Nord staff continue to be available to support students virtually if they do
not wish to visit the online learning centre in-person, and can provide online study options,
information about available financial aid options and assistance with registration via phone, e-mail,
Zoom and Facebook Messenger.
The South Porcupine online learning centre is one of 116 Contact North | Contact Nord locations
across Ontario that are gradually reopening to provide on-site services to students.
The South Porcupine online learning centre is located at 4715 Highway 101 East, Room B108
(within Northern College).
For further information about the on-site services available, contact Ashlee Lessard by e-mail at
firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 1-855-840-5877.